Moodle Learning Management System
A learning management system (LMS) is a software platform for the administration, documentation, tracking, reporting and delivery eLearning courses. For any institution that implements eLearning, it needs a learning management system to help lecturers and students to manage and facilitate learning.
The University of Namibian has opted to use the Moodle learning management system. Moodle serves educators and learners across the globe with over 68 million users world-wide, making it the most widely used LMS in the world. Moodle can be simply explained as follows:
At the Centre for Open, Distance and eLearning (CODeL), Moodle is considered as an indispensable tool for delivering eLearning for promoting technology enhanced learning. CODeL uses Moodle to achieve the following:
- Modernise teaching and learning practices that meet the needs of today’s digital oriented students
- Expand the reach of University courses and improve the quality of open and distance education
- Enhance the quality of teaching and learning by facilitating lecturer-student and student-student interactions
- Promote student-centred innovative pedagogies such as Flipped Classroom, Collaborative Learning and Reflective Pedagogy.
- Download Assignment Submission Guide_2017.pdf [1.3MB]}
- Download Addendum1 to Guide for Assignment Marking on Moodle.pdf [872.4KB]}
- Download Guide for Assignment Marking on Moodle_Online and Offline_March 2017.pdf [2.1MB]}